La Sartén de Cordelería opened in 1997 as a cooking school for people of all ages who want to jump into the world of cuisine and who want to perfect their culinary abilities.
Right in the heart of Las Arenas (Getxo), 5 minutes from the metro and 50 meters from the Hanging Bridge (Puente Colgante), they offer a perfectly equipped classroom with room for 20 people, where everyone can participate around a central kitchen. The facilities are equipped with electric household appliances so that the ability to reproduce the recipes at home is within everyone’s reach.
La Sartén de Cordelería offers courses designed for every need:
– Basic classes for beginners. So you can learn from the very beginning! Discover the chef inside of you!
– Special courses for various themes. All of the topics you could possibly imagine: traditional Basque cooking, international, a specific chef’s cuisine, small game, mushrooms, foie, tapas and pintxos, oils, cheeses, turrones, chocolate, Christmas confectionary…etc, etc
– Courses for beginning wine tasting. Just like the specialty courses but focusing on different Spanish and international wines.
– Tailor-made classes. Perfect for groups of friends or work groups, with lunch or dinner included. At the school they organize all types of workshops to suit various needs and topics: pintxos, invitation menus, cupcakes, Asian cuisine (sushi, Thai and Vietnamese…), Mexican cuisine, Hindu…elect or design your own.
– Birthdays and Children’s cooking classes. The little ones enjoy learning and they especially enjoy a snack they have made all by themselves.
– Demonstrative Courses. These courses are an authentic Masterclass, a cooking show where the best professionals from the most well-known restaurants show their art on the stove. Chefs like Josemi Olazabalaga (Aisian), Ricardo Perez (Yandiola), Mikel Poblacion (Etxanobe), Darran Williamson (Bitoke), or Javier Gartzia (Boroa), amongst others…
– The School’s Regular Teachers. Natalia Martinez Arroyo (Cordon Bleu Diploma) or the great chefs for an international journey Ivan Abril and Agustin Martinez Carvajal offer demonstrative classes as practical workshops, including workshops on such topics as pastry, cookie or biscuits, pintxos, confectionary, Asian tapas, croquettes, fresh pasta, jams, foie gras, stuffed poultry…..
Chef at Home. An exclusive service available to everyone.
La Sartén de Cordelería offers you the possibility to enjoy high cuisine in your own home or business, where you have absolutely nothing to worry about. A personal chef at your command will take care of all of the details. They make cocktails, lunches, afternoon tea, dinners and buffets, everything from the most simple to the most elaborate.
Do you want to try it? You can look at some examples of their cocktail menus…