A lifestyle hotel
In the Casco Viejo (Old Part) of Bilbao, in a building from the 1920s where the famous Zubicaray warehouses were located, next to the Arriaga Theater, the Tayko Hotel opened in 2019.
After the renovation, some of the unique elements of the old building, such as the concrete structure, the wooden staircase or the stained-glass windows, have been maintained.
Tayko Hotel is a lifestyle hotel with 54 rooms with magnificent views of the Ria (estuary) or Merced Street. Decorated in blacks and grays, with wooden floors and extra wide beds of 2 meters. Architectural interior design, which enhances the benefits of textures and colors.
Of course, the rooms, all soundproof, are designed to rest after a day full of plans for Bilbao or to regain energy after the trip. And they have:
- Premium Wifi You are only going to disconnect if you want.
- Smart TV Technology screen mirroring to connect Android mobile devices to the TV or to listen music through TV.
- Water kettle With tea service and coffees. Nothing better to take care of you than a good infusion.
- King Size bed Or 2 single beds too.
- Strongbox With USB charger: With space to save your Tablet or portable.
- Climalit windows Insulated from the outside.
- Air conditioning It does not matter if we are in summer that in winter, you choose your temperature.
- Gym 24 hours access to the gym.
Martin Berasategui takes care of the gastronomic offer
Martín Berasategui Olazábal is a famous Basque chef and owner of an eponymous restaurant in Lasarte, Spain. He holds ten Michelin stars in total, more than any other Spanish chef.
Patri Berasategui is a gastrobar at the foot of the street where, from morning to night, you can eat from typical “rabas” (a portion of fried squid) to croquettes or a “chuletón” (T-bone steak).
For lunch or dinner, be seduced by their Menu.
On the first floor, the Ola is a luxury restaurant. Ola comes from Olazábal, a tribute to the surname of the mother and the aunt of Berasategui, with the most successful dishes of the mother house of Lasarte.
“Nature is wise, you just have to know how to listen to it. The market dictates and suggests a shopping basket in which to recreate. Welcome home! ” Martín Berasategui